[kde-linux] Time Zone settings etc.

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 24 23:33:11 UTC 2010

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 February 2010 12:37:31 you wrote:
>> IIUC, KDE is switching from the old PolicyKit to the new PolKit.  So,
>> for now, you probably need the Qt and KDE bindings for both of
> them.  To
>> install both of these, you should have this list of stuff installed:
>>
>> DBus
>> DBus-Glib
>> HAL
>> HAL-Info
>> PolicyKit
>> EggDBus
>> polkit
>> ConsoleKit
>>
> Hi James,
>
> OK.nearly everything built OK. However, polkit-qt-1 is still missing one:
> -------------------------
> --   package 'polkit-agent-1>=0.95' not found
> CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:259
> (message):
>   A required package was not found
> ------------------------

You are going to have to upgrade to: "polkit-0.96"

http://hal.freedesktop.org/releases/polkit-0.96.tar.gz

And I will note this in the instructions.

> Do I need also polkit-qt-1 ? And after all, how am I supposed to adquire
> administrator rights with that ? Remember, the only think I need, is to
> change the timezone in the settings menue ;-)

If this works, you should then be able to go to: "SystemSettings ->
Advanced -> PolicyKit Authorization" and give yourself the necessary
authority.

> But thank you very much for the hints, I think I am slowly comming to
> the end of the tunnel.
>
> Cheers,
> Edgar
>
> PS.. could you build  FFMPEG and Strigi ?

Didn't try it yet.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch