[kde-linux] Time Zone settings etc.

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Wed Feb 24 21:58:03 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 24 February 2010 12:37:31 you wrote:
> IIUC, KDE is switching from the old PolicyKit to the new PolKit.  So,
> for now, you probably need the Qt and KDE bindings for both of
them.  To
> install both of these, you should have this list of stuff installed:
>
> DBus
> DBus-Glib
> HAL
> HAL-Info
> PolicyKit
> EggDBus
> polkit
> ConsoleKit

Hi James,

OK.nearly everything built OK. However, polkit-qt-1 is still missing one:
-------------------------
--   package 'polkit-agent-1>=0.95' not found
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:259
(message):
  A required package was not found

Do I need also polkit-qt-1 ? And after all, how am I supposed to adquire
administrator rights with that ? Remember, the only think I need, is to
change the timezone in the settings menue ;-)

But thank you very much for the hints, I think I am slowly comming to
the end of the tunnel.

Cheers,
Edgar

PS.. could you build  FFMPEG and Strigi ?