[kde-linux] KDE-4.4

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Feb 23 16:04:01 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, 2010-02-23, Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> building programs ( not explicitly written for KDE-4 ), we
> get very often an error message, telling that no KDE-
> Libraries are installed. Example: libkexiv2:
> -----------------------
> libkexiv2
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde/ --with-kde-dir=/opt/kde --with-
> kde-includes=/opt/kde/include --with-kde-
> libraries=/opt/kde/lib
> ... Error
> checking for KDE... configure: error:
> in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE libraries installed.
> This will fail.
> So, check this please and use another prefix!
> ---------------------
> libkexiv2 seems to be looking for kde-3 libraries, we are
> operating under KDE-4.4, self compiled. I think, this could
> be the issue
>
> But can anyone help me, generally speaking, how to build
> such programs ? I cannot build KDE-3.5 on parallel, just to
> satisfy the demands of a special package ? BTW., libexiv2 is
> needed by Digicam, the program we are intending to build.
> But this is a general question.

Assuming you are trying to install the KDE4 version of Digikam, the respective
libkexiv2 will not look for KDE3 headers or libraries (as they are
incompatible).

My guess is that you are trying to built the wrong source package, e.g. the
one for the KDE3 version of Digikam.
Repository wise the sources for libkexiv2 appear [1] to be in the kdegraphics
module, thus most likely part of the respective tarball.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdegraphics/libs/libkexiv2/libkexiv2/

KDE user support, developer mentoring