[kde-linux] KDE-4.4

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Tue Feb 23 15:08:53 UTC 2010

Hi all,

building programs ( not explicitly written for KDE-4 ), we
get very often an error message, telling that no KDE-
Libraries are installed. Example: libkexiv2:
-----------------------
libkexiv2
./configure --prefix=/opt/kde/ --with-kde-dir=/opt/kde --with-
kde-includes=/opt/kde/include --with-kde-
libraries=/opt/kde/lib
... Error
checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE libraries installed.
This will fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!
---------------------
libkexiv2 seems to be looking for kde-3 libraries, we are
operating under KDE-4.4, self compiled. I think, this could
be the issue

But can anyone help me, generally speaking, how to build
such programs ? I cannot build KDE-3.5 on parallel, just to
satisfy the demands of a special package ? BTW., libexiv2 is
needed by Digicam, the program we are intending to build.
But this is a general question.

Thanks in advance,
Edgar