[kde-linux] Dolphin opening a text file as root with Kwrite.

Mike Edenfield kutulu at kutulu.org
Mon Feb 22 15:19:42 UTC 2010

On 2/22/2010 7:23 AM, Dale wrote:

>> I don't know how Gentoo handle this, but KDE bugs are changed to the correct
>> component if you get a wrong one.  I've just seen a message this morning that
>> one of mine had been changed in that way.
>>

> But if it is a distro bug, then I would have to file it with Gentoo.
> Gentoo wants to know what fails and what package causes it.

FWIW, I think I'm doing the same thing you are trying to do, and it
seems to be working fine.

kdesu dolphin -> Tools -> Terminal -> kwrite /root/.viminfo
kdesu dolphin -> Right-Click on .viminfo -> Open With -> kwrite

both of those series of steps let me edit the file and save changes.
(.viminfo is -rw------- root:root).

Having said that, file both.  File a KDE bug, then file a Gentoo bug
with the kde bug # in it.  If it actually is an upstream bug, and not a
problem with Gentoo's packaging, then all the portage devs need to know
is that its fixed in a new version.

--Mike