[kde-linux] Dolphin opening a text file as root with Kwrite.

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:30:22 UTC 2010

> I'm using Root Actions Servicemenu for Dolphin and Konqueror
> http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Root+Actions+Servicemenu?content=48411
>
> "Root Actions servicemenu provides a convenient way to perform several
> actions 'as root', from the right-click context menu in KDE
> filemanagers.
>
> It aims to be distribution agnostic, if you experience issues in your
> distribution, drop me an email describing the issue.
>
> The menu needs a properly configured kdesu/kdesudo to work (kdesudo is
> preferred, for some added functionality, like remembering password for
> a period of time...timeout is configurable by sudo settings)"
>
> And Krusader in root-mode for more complex filemanagement tasks.

I'm trying to get that installed.  I think I got it but I'm going to log
into KDE 4 to see if I did it correctly or not.  The last folder was not
there and I had to create the little bugger.

Thanks for the info and I'll post back if this works.  If it does work,
maybe I can start really trying to use KDE 4.

Dale

:-)  :-)