[kde-linux] Dolphin opening a text file as root with Kwrite.

Sergei Andreev seajey.serg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:05:44 UTC 2010

I'm using Root Actions Servicemenu for Dolphin and Konqueror
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Root+Actions+Servicemenu?content=48411

"Root Actions servicemenu provides a convenient way to perform several
actions 'as root', from the right-click context menu in KDE
filemanagers.

It aims to be distribution agnostic, if you experience issues in your
distribution, drop me an email describing the issue.

The menu needs a properly configured kdesu/kdesudo to work (kdesudo is
preferred, for some added functionality, like remembering password for
a period of time...timeout is configurable by sudo settings)"

And Krusader in root-mode for more complex filemanagement tasks.