[kde-linux] Mouse button/wheel

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Mon Feb 15 20:16:28 UTC 2010

On Monday 08 February 2010 09:14:53 am brian wrote:
> I'm using KDE 4.3 on Kubuntu 64-bit, and have a Microsoft optical
> Intellimouse, one of those with a combined centre button and wheel.
> It's an absolute PITA, because while I'm used to using the mouse wheel
> to scroll, I'm clumsy enough that I unintentionally do a middle click
> at regular intervals, and that has a whole heap of unwanted effects,
> depending on the program in use. In my days of using a certain other
> operating system, I could just set the centre button to do nothing,
> problem solved.
>
> Is there any way to assign a null action to the centre button, and so
> lose at least some of the unintentional input?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian.

Have you tried to use System Settings --> Keyboard And Mouse --> Mouse?

I am still running a system that is slightly older than yours, and I am
not using the same rodent, so I really see no specific setting to adjust.
I suspect that the available options depend, to some extent, on what
hardware you have connected -- as well as the KDE version, etc.  So I
hope this helps (while being too cowardly to promise that it will do
so!).

Bruce   Mac Arthur
     bmacasuru at fastmail.us