[kde-linux] Triple or Quad displays with KDE4?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 3 00:58:36 UTC 2010

On 2010/02/03 12:48 (GMT+1300) Allistar composed:

>   Does anyone have a triple or quad head setup with KDE4? The key is that it
> needs to be accelerated so full 3D effects can be had on all displays.

>   I have this working in KDE3.5.10 by having two KDE instances running, and
> it works fine. I have two Nvidia cards, one uses TwinView to present a
> single screen to X, and the other runs in a separate window manager
> instance. This is not possible in KDE4 as you cannot run more than one
> instance of KDE4 on a single X session.

>   Is there anyway around this limitation while still running KDE4 on all
> monitors?

Have you tried running as many X sessions as displays? Using only a single
display and user-login-specific xorg.conf files, I often run 2 at once,
sometimes 3 or more.
--
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious
people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/