[kde-linux] Krunner Coding Questions

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Aug 15 16:15:30 UTC 2010

On Sunday, 2010-08-15, David Baron wrote:
> I have a krunner coded with "run" actions.
>
> 1. I add the actions. Their icons overwrite the "wrench" icon on the right.
> I actually prefer the icons rather than a the dropdown usually shown when
> clicking that icon. So I want to not have the "wrench" icon at all, just
> mine. How?
>
> 2. The action I have in mind would open the configuration dialog normally
> opened for my runner in the dropdown list of all the runners. Since this is
> a separate "kcm-module," how do I load it and exercise it, getting the
> configuration changed signal to my runner (the parent)?
>
> (I could simply locally create the UI with my own default/apply/cancel
> buttonbox and do this brute force. But why?)
>
> 3. I do not want the krunner window to close when I click this action. I
> want to re-perform the match with any new options. How do I keep krunner
> "live" and accomplish this?
>
> Any help or pointers to documentations would be greatly appreciated. Many
> thanks in advance.

Better ask on the main development list kde-devel at kde.org or even on the
Plasma development list, plasma-devel at kde.org (KRunner is part of the KDE
Plasma Workspace after all)

This list is mainly targetted at question on using KDE, not sure if any Plasma
developer is subscribed or reads the list regularily.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring