[kde-linux] Krunner Coding Questions

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Aug 15 15:54:19 UTC 2010

I have a krunner coded with "run" actions.

1. I add the actions. Their icons overwrite the "wrench" icon on the right. I
actually prefer the icons rather than a the dropdown usually shown when
clicking that icon. So I want to not have the "wrench" icon at all, just mine.
How?

2. The action I have in mind would open the configuration dialog normally
opened for my runner in the dropdown list of all the runners. Since this is a
separate "kcm-module," how do I load it and exercise it, getting the
configuration changed signal to my runner (the parent)?

(I could simply locally create the UI with my own default/apply/cancel
buttonbox and do this brute force. But why?)

3. I do not want the krunner window to close when I click this action. I want
to re-perform the match with any new options. How do I keep krunner "live" and
accomplish this?

Any help or pointers to documentations would be greatly appreciated. Many
thanks in advance.

(To try current version of recollrunner, get it from kde-apps.org. Recollindex
runs nicely in the background and does not bog down my system as does the
"default" kde indexer :-) )