[kde-linux] Sound not until the 2. login

Harald Schöngart yosoy at t-online.de
Fri Aug 13 16:41:11 UTC 2010

Some days ago a posted this in the german KDE group, but apparently the
group is not very frequented (at least with this kind of problems).
So, I'll have a try with you.

Recently I get a notification saying with each system start:

	Phonon: The KDE #Multimedia-System
	The audio playing equipment " HDA Intel (STAC92xx analog)"
	does'nt work. It is replaced by "default".

or sometimes

	Phonon: The KDE #Multimedia-System
	Change to audio playing equipment "" which now is available and
	features a higher prority.

effecting that the sound of system does not run and kmix doesn't start
(completely).

I activated the well working entry "HDA Intel (STAC92xx analog)"
in the KDE Multimedia-settings for all applications and pushed it on the
top. But nothing didn't change.

If I terminate KDE and login again, everything works completely without
problems: No error message, Kmix runs, sound functions.

I can't call it really bad, but it's not that good neither...

Someone has an idea to get it run a little bit smoother?

Regards from Hamburg
Harald

My system:
Mandriva 2010.1, KDE 4.4.3, xine Backend 0.2.60, GStreamer 0.1