[kde-linux] problem changing icon on fat32 partition

yahoo-pier_andreit pier_andreit at yahoo.it
Thu Aug 12 14:25:39 UTC 2010

using suse 11.3 and kde 4.4.4
on the mounted fat32 partition I cannot change icons
partition is mounted in fstab in this way:
/dev/sda8/ /dati vfat user, users, gid=users, umask=0002, utf8=true, 0, 0
I can create files folders modify, move and save them on the partition but
if I try to change the icon (in dolphin right click>properties>click on
icon) of the /eros folder (or any other folder or link) system gives me
this error:
impossibile salvare le proprieta' , non hai accesso sufficiente per
scrivere su /dati/eros/.directory
tha in english is something like this:
impossoble save properties, you havent enough permission access to write
on /dati/eros/.directory
this happen also as superuser
I remember that with suse 11.0 or 10.3 I was able to change icons on
fat32 partitions, now with 11.3 I cannot, there ought to be a way to do
what I did with the previous version with this 11.3 brand new ad more
advanced version shouldn't it?? :-)

how can I solve??