[kde-linux] Contacts in KDE 4.4.4

Admin mail at blobel.com
Wed Aug 11 11:26:17 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 11 August 2010 19:22:25 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 August 2010 08:41:08 Admin wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > Using openSUSE 11.2 and having updated (unfortunately) to KDE 4.4.4 I am
> > wondering where certain functions went.
> >
> > Under 4.3 there used to be a right click, when clicking on a email
> > address, "open in address book".
> >
> > Does anybody know where this function went? Or how to activate it?
> >
> > Also, under 4.4.4, how are distribution lists handled. They seem to have
> > disappeared. I cannot seem to import a single distribution list created
> > under kde 4.3. What, or how to do?
>
> I don't use OpenSUSE but the function was there all through 4.4 for me and
> is still there in 4.5
>
> Anne

I can add to Contacts but not "open contact in address book" which under 4.3
opened an existing contact/email in the address book/Contacts.

In fact an email address which is already in Contacts will be added again as a
duplicate.

The link Jim has provided

http://userbase.kde.org/KAddressBook_4.4

Also states that distribution list is not yet released.

Quote:
Distribution Lists - the migration tool for your existing distribution lists
is not yet released. It is work-in-progress. Where appropriate you can create
a new Group - Groups will replace Distribution Lists. Auto completion makes it
quite easy to add entries to the group. In KDE SC <= 4.4.2 you can't use the
group quite like a distribution list, typing the name and expecting it to be
expanded into a list of names. You can, though, copy and paste the list of
names from the right-hand panel.
Unquote:

It appears, a downgrade to 4.3 is at hands.

Norbert