[kde-linux] Different behavior between console and taskbar invocation?

James Kerr jim at jkerr82508.free-online.co.uk
Wed Aug 11 09:20:18 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 11 August 2010 Frank K wrote:

>           List, I’m curious why Thunderbird and Firefox invoke from
> my taskbar with a “bouncing” icon but a terminal invocation seems
> to be “immediate”?
>

>           The minute long “bouncing” icon gives the impression that
> the application is looking for something it can't find.

For some reason, when  Firefox is launched the busy cursor continues
to display until it times out. The only way that I know to correct
this is to reduce the time-out or disable the busy cursor altogether,
in systemsettings - Desktop - Launch Feedback.

I don't use thunderbird, but I assume the same applies to it.

(I use Mandriva's firefox packages.)

Jim