[kde-linux] Akonadi problems

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Sat Apr 17 14:56:04 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I would like to clarify some questions I let open.

Duncan and Kevin: The version of akonadi I am running stops his mysql instance
when it is shutted down, so the bug has been corrected. I had my "privat"
mysql session open, and I did not know about possible implications. I am glad,
this is not the case, this point can be skipped.
Duncan: "But all that said, we don't yet even know that the bug of this thread
is the same one I experienced." No, it do not seem so.

Anne and Kevin: "It's probably trying to do the impossible.  KMail is not yet
released in an akonadi-compatible form, so it probably makes no sense to have
the maildir resource enabled."
I understand this.It really sounds like that, starting 54 instances. So I will
disable the resource in /opt/kde-4/bin and wait until later releases. No
problem at the moment, as kmail is working. I could test a little "Mailody",
could I ?
Duncan:  " I am not particularly looking forward to having kmail dependent on
akonadi, and akonadi in turn on MySQL, with kde 4.5"
I share your opinion. I was very happy with kmail as it is. Hopefully akonadi
will become stable and the system improved.
As far as I can judge it, I can confirm, that nepomuk and virtuoso are not
making problems. They seem to be working silent in the background  ;-)

Thanks to you all, Anne, Kevin, Duncan, Lars

Edgar