[kde-linux] Akonadi problems

lars.koraeus at gmail.com lars.koraeus at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 02:57:13 UTC 2010

On Friday 16 April 2010 22:31:37 Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers wrote:
> Hi Kevin, Hi Duncan,
>
> thanks a lot for your comments and hints.
>
> > Can you determine which Akonadi resource is crashing?
>
> Yes. According to KDE-Crash Handler it is "akonadi_maildir_resource".
>  Signal 6 ( aborted ). The box disappeares after I remove the "mail.dir"
>  resorce in Akonadi-console.
>
> However I get a lot of "akonadi_maildir" activities shown by "system
>  activity" and corresponding much akonadi resources shown in
>  akonadi-console, until I rename "akonadi_maildir_resource" in
>  /opt/kde4/bin.
>
> Duncan's hint concerning "mysqld" :  I realised that I had two instances
> running, one beeing triggered by akonadi, the other one starting
> from the very beginning from /etc/rc3.d. I removed the last one, but
>  nothing special happens.
>
> It should hovever become included in general instructions, not to start
> "mysql" from other applications, if this is crucial to akonadi.
>
> KAddressbook is definitivly _not_ working at all. I can start KAddressBook,
>  it offers me to add a new AddressBook, but it does nothing. But absolutely
>  nothing. It seems, that KAddressbook is not ready in Kdepim-4.4.1.Could
>  this be true, Kevin ?
>
> Edgar

I do hope that the adonadi people will fix this problem. It would be a a very
bad solution if they think they can hijack other demons. The mysqld is not
there for KDE sole purpose. If KDE try to stop mysql it is the same as never
to start KDE at all but use something else. KDE more and more seems to become
a MS virus. An operating system not care or  recognising anything but itself.