[kde-linux] Akonadi problems

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Apr 15 09:43:37 UTC 2010

On Thursday, 2010-04-15, Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers wrote:
> since some days, after starting kmail ( this triggers the start of akonadi
>  ), I get a serial of five, six error messages popping up, "Akonadi
>  resource closed unexpectedly". No idea what is happening, as I can get my
>  mail after closing all this message-boxes.

Can you determine which Akonadi resource is crashing?

> Question: how can I disable akonadi ? This item is not more included in the
> system-setting box ( why ? ). Or how can I disable services selectivly?

The control center was removed mainly because it contained the service
internal configuration stuff like whether to use a system level MySQL server
and people started to change this items without knowing what they were
actually doing.

It can still be shown through kcmshell, IIRC like this
kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi

The second part of the module, the resource configuration is supposed to be
handled by the respective applications, e.g. contact resources by
KAddressBook.
I'd prefer to have this portion back, just like we have the KResource config
in both apps and control center.

>  Using Development ->Akonadi console ?

This is currently the best working option.
The first tab there should give you an overview of which agents are configured
and what their respective status is.

Depending on your address book setup you'll probably only need the Personal
Contacts resource.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring