[kde-linux] KDE make file system busy

lars.koraeus at gmail.com lars.koraeus at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 10:16:06 UTC 2010

Thanks Duncan.

Yes the Documents in kcontrol do have the link to /home/user/Documents.

I did change that to only the /home/user directory and all the locks are gone.

What will the implications be of this. All the Documents are still in
~/Documents. I was asked if I did want to move the files but I did not.

I can still not understand the idea of having all those apps always having the
~/Documents open. I can on one hand understand if KDE apps are forced to do
this. But why all other as they do well without this if I use some other
window manager than KDE.
Also the open directory is not the directory pointed to in kcontrol.
All users are pointed to something that will be seen as /home.
As I said I have been able to understand if it use /local/Documens/user which
is the directory that it points to.

/Lars

PS see the answer to Kevin as Well DS