[kde-linux] Am I Alone?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Sep 30 06:52:45 UTC 2009

James Tyrer posted on Tue, 29 Sep 2009 23:05:14 -0700 as excerpted:

> I have seen this syndrome before in KDE-3 where stuff worked OK as long
> as you don't change from the default configuration.  I sometimes wonder
> if developers ever configure anything. :-)

Well, at least they make it configurable, unlike /some/ popular DEs we
might name. =:^/  But yeah, that's the only real conclusion one has left,
that despite the options, the devs don't actually use them much, when
they keep saying how well kde4 works now, when one knows from experience
how broken it is in so many places, when one actually tries to use the
customization options that are available, and that are the reason many of
us prefer kde in the first place.

Oh, well... it's getting there.  It's just taking a lot longer than we'd
like, especially with kde3's support dropping as it seems to be, the
whole reason I even bothered with kde4 when it's so obviously immature
and partially broken when one actually tries to use it in anything but
the default config, compared to kde3, still.