[kde-linux] KDE pim

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Wed Sep 16 17:12:22 UTC 2009

Am Wednesday 16 September 2009 19:04:13 schrieb Russell Tallant:
> I have recently downloaded the tar file for KDE-pim. I have unpacked
> it,all the files are there. However, I can not make it run, or install
> itself on the program list.

that's no surprise - tar files are usually source code, you need to
compile/link these first, which requires to have a compiler/build system
installed, as well as all the so called development files for kde and it's
dependencies (qt, X...).
if you are not familiar with this process, you are way better off installing
kde-pim (or any other kde-programs) via the package manager of you distro.

HTH

werner