[kde-linux] Suspending KDE4 screensaver

Christophe Gaubert christophe.gaubert at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 13:36:11 UTC 2009

Le 07/09/09, Anne Wilson a écrit :

> > > I don't think it's possible yet.  However, read
> > > http://forum.kde.org/brainstorm.php?mode=idea&i=43688#p63503 where
> > > someone has proposed a script to do this, IIUIC.
> >
> > I'm trying to write my own script, since the proposed one seems to
> > be incomplete (and to manage too much situations : for example, I'm
> > not using a laptop).
> >
> > I've added it as a task executed every minute. The configuration
> > file for the screensaver is modified as expected. But the
> > modification isn't taken into account. I suppose I need to tell
> > something to read again the configuration file. The question is :
> > who is "something" ? ;)
> >
> > On the brainstorm page, the guy who proposed the script talks about
> > krunner. But it seems strange. And I don't know how to restart it
> > anyway (if it's possible !).
> >
> > I'm going to explore the web about it, but if you have an
> > idea... ;-)
>
> Krunner is what you get when you hit Alt-F2, or right-click on the
> desktop and choose Run.

I've found another page with the same script, but it is complete this
time :
http://www.kde-forum.org/artikel/17259/kaffeine-screensaver-starts-when-i-watch-a-video-open.html

And the guy is right ! Killing and starting krunner update the
configuration.

I don't understand what krunner has to do with the screensaver, but
anyway, it works :)

Thanks for your help, Anne.

--
Christophe