[kde-linux] Locking widgets doesn't work correctly

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 1 16:01:18 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 01 September 2009 16:17:50 Abos Undso wrote:
> I had tried that already. The result is that after restarting the
> desktop, the panel is messed up and the file plasma-desktop-appletsrc is
> recreated with the default panel layout. If then I replace the new one
> with the previously saved one, it is not taken into consideration unless
> I restart the desktop which jumbles up the icons as usual.
> Maybe my personalization went too far with the spaces and all that?
> Thanks,
> Connie

Connie, please don't top-post - it makes reading the archives difficult.  You
should always reply either in-line, or below the part you are answering.

If you replace the new one with the previously saved one you are restoring the
problem you originally had.  From the blank canvas you must re-set any program
launchers or widgets as though it was a new install.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'the spaces', but this jumbling behaviour I
haven't seen since KDE 4.0, so I can only think that it is a corruption
somewhere.