[kde-linux] Another KDE 4.x print problem?

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Tue Oct 27 18:23:30 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 27 October 2009 18:59 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 October 2009 16:19:12 Irina Rempt wrote:

> > Strangely, my A4 landscape PDF file (in Okular) identified correctly as
> > 'landscape' but printed as 'portrait'; selecting 'portrait' made it
> > print correctly.
> >
> > I haven't tried to print landscape .odf files yet.
>
> I've seen this sort of thing before, and I have a theory which may of
>  course be totally invalid.  If the document has the landscape property
>  embedded in it, then printing to portrait will read the instruction and
>  rotate the print as necessary, whereas printing a landscape-format
>  image, for instance, doesn't have it embedded and you must do it
>  manually, in the print dialog.  Does that make sense?

Yes, perfect sense! Okular showed it properly, which suggests the landscape
property is in the document itself. But then the print function should be
able to read that too and print it as it should. Probably a bug after all.

   Irina

(Anne: please don't send to me *and* to the list, that only gives me two
copies; sending only to the list is enough)
--
Time flies like a banana.
http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi       Latest: 26-Oct-2009