[kde-linux] KDM4 default.desktop SUSE 11.1

Michael Janczyk mj0 at uni-freiburg.de
Tue Oct 20 14:51:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a question regarding default.desktop. I don't know if it is
really supported, but if one placed a file called dafault.desktop
somewhere in the SessionsDir (/usr/share/xsessions) this Session is
chosen if no session selected otherwise. This workes for KDM with
versions 3.x and it works with KDM4 from Ubuntu 9.04. Somehow KDM4 from
SUSE 11.1 seems to ignore this. Since we work with many unexperienced
end users we use this option for a selector session in which a chooser
is started. So we force them to choose. Without this option we would
have to train all our users to use the sessions button which we really
do not want. We would appreciate any help. BTW: The default session is
displayed in the menu but not chosen :(.

Best Regards
	Michael