[kde-linux] OT: Sig remnants (was KWifiManager ?)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 10 11:58:49 UTC 2009

On Saturday 10 October 2009 10:09:48 Rajko M. wrote:
> This is whole message that I can see.
> You have no signature separator and it is fully quoted including mail list
> footer. The mail list footer should have the same signature separator
>  (dash  dash space) to be deleted. This list doesn't use that, but line of
>  underscores and that is treated as part of the message.
>
> As above part of my message after signature is deleted, and Anne's is not
> something is wrong with Seamonkey treatment of mails that contain GPG
> signature (by the way Thunderbird is doing exactly the same), so that is
>  what  you can write in bug report for the Seamonkey.
>
> That world is far from perfect, tells list of mime types in Anne's mail,
> showed in KMail. It is listed like this:
> -Body (nothing, just container)
> --internal part (actual message)
> --digitally signed message part (gpg signature)
> -body part (the KDE ML footer)
>
> It can be that Seamonkey and Thunderbird actually do correct job, and
>  KMail  flaky, removing something that is marked as part of the message
>  body. On the other hand, it should not happen to consider as part of the
>  message body something appended after the GPG.
> GPG signature and attachments are appended when mail is sent out, so there
>  is  no chance that there is user message after that part.

I think that if we can point the Seamonkey and TB devs to the problem, it's
worth doing.  Both are good apps.  I don't suppose I could persuade one of you
to install enigmail, to see whether doing that activates code that helps this
situation?

Ah - no need.  I forgot that I already have TB + enigmail.  I'll follow this
with a reply from TB and see whether that's handled the same way.