[kde-linux] KWifiManager ?

Dr. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Thu Oct 8 20:55:28 UTC 2009

Hi,
after building KDE-4.3.0 I am trying to do the same on my laptop. I had to
realize, that kdenetwork do not more include a KWifiManager, as kde-3.5 did.
What shall we do ? googling, I found, that a Network-Manager in solid was to
be announced ( Aug. 2008 ). Later, some comments indicates the existence of a
widget, that takes over the tasks of KWifiManager. However, the only thing I
found in the add widgets plasma was a network usage monitor.
No  question, I can continue using my old  kwifimanager and my old wpa-
supplicant  from kde-3.5 to perform my communications. But is this the kde-4
solution ? As I do not think so, can somebody tell me more or less what steps
I shall do ?
Thank very much,
Edgar