[kde-linux] Desktop widget like Windows Vista sidebar/clock thing?

ka1ifq ka1ifq at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 8 17:02:29 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 07 October 2009 15:38:30 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 October 2009 19:45:58 Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> >
> > This is really the type of argument I hate. I don't see why I should play
> >  the  lemming. I was able to do things the way I like, and now I am
> >  required to do them a way I don't like and get no advantage when doing
> > it, so however I open my mind I see  that I miss something and win
> > nothing to compensate.
>
> I'm so sick of saying this.  No-one is forcing you to do anything.  There
> are KDE 3 distros.  If that's what you want, go use one.
>
> Anne

 Anne has a very good point, like ice cream there are many flavors of Linux
out there for d/l, some with 'live' versions you can try before doing an
install.
 I have tried at least a half dozen over the years but finally picked one. I
do not care for some of the new 'features' but after a while you may find some
useful or may have the option to turn them off. A lot of this stuff is not
distro specific but window manager specific, but not in all cases.
Mike.