[kde-linux] Desktop widget like Windows Vista sidebar/clock thing?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 7 19:53:48 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 07 October 2009 20:34:14 Thierry de Coulon wrote:

> Are you saying that because a software is given for free I must just say
>  "how wonderful" whatever the people creating this software decide to do?

No, you either enjoy it or walk away.  They owe you nothing.

> After all, if no one wants to hear what the unhappy users have to say,
>  let's free software become soviet software: only positive opinions are
>  published (one can certainly develop appropriate filters) or use a
>  variation of that famous rule:
>
> Rule 1: everything the devs do is wonderful
> Rule 2: if it happens that what they do is not wonderful, rule 1 applies...

Don't talk daft! as we say in Yorkshire.

> So yes, thank you so much for using your time to create software that I
>  don't want to use... but wait, if I don't want to use their software why
>  do I bother to write here?

Why indeed?

> What a wonderful world: commercial software devs don't care about user's
> opinion if they don't purchase enough licenses, and free devs don't care
> about the opinion of users because they don't pay any license :)

You mean that they should listen to your opinion, not anyone else's.  There's
a name for that kind of thinking.

> Well sorry, I do like KDE and I do wish I can still use it, so you'll
>  probably have to read some of my comments in the future....

But we don't have to read them, you see.  We don't have to try to help you.
We are volunteers too, and we can choose to walk away from you.