[kde-linux] KWrite/printer problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 7 19:43:25 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 07 October 2009 20:02:39 Steven Friedrich wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 October 2009 17:10:21 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > A4 is certainly not hard-coded - it took me quite some time
> > to find why mine always tried to print to Letter.
>
> Where did you set paper size?

To be honest, it's some time since, so I couldn't say with accuracy.  In my
thrashing around I probably set it in cups, hp-setup and the kde printer
applet.  The one that matters would have been one of the first two (maybe even
both?).  The printer applet is for adjusting settings for a particular job.
It doesn't affect any later jobs - it's not intended to set defaults.  HTH