[kde-linux] IA64 KDEGRAPHICS Upgrade??

Robert Garron Robert.Garron at Access3000.net
Wed Oct 7 00:10:05 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I think this is the right mailing list for this question, if not, pardon
my mistake and simply delete the post -- if correct, any guidance would
be greatly appreciated.

Background:  I am running Debian Etch on a 64 bit Itanium processor
(IA64) with KDE as the main windowing software/Desktop.  I am also
running Debian Etch and Debian Lenny on several 32 bit pentium/xeon
processors, 64 bit Alpha Servers, and yet another IA64 Itanium processor
and I see "kdegraphics" (according to Update Manager and Synaptic) has
been upgraded for all types of chips and OS systems, except Itanium -
IA64?

Question: Is there a current IA64 Itanium kdegraphics update out there
in KDE land, Debian land, and/or Linux land that I can utilize to
update/upgrade a IA64 bit based systems?  As I see many other files
and/or fixes are required as opposed to simply one file/package such as
kdegraphics to allow kdegrphics to update properly -- So I am curious if
the Debian Linux IA64 processors/servers are being supported by KDE
anymore or ever supported?

If a package for the updates that kdegrphics promisses does not exit, my
second question is this -- can I take the sources from Debian Lenny
and/or another set of sources and recompile in order that the ia64 bit
graphics system can be upgraded to continue to operate?

Thanks for your support and guidance and help.  It is appreciated.

Regards,
Robert