[kde-linux] When you ask a question, comparing to Windows

Dr. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Tue Oct 6 21:33:43 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 06 October 2009 10:38:01 david wrote:

> But in my years of hanging out on Linux email lists, I've frequently
> heard people on Linux lists proclaiming how much better KDE/GNOME/Linux
> is than Windows and/or Mac OS X - yet have never used either. I figured
> there were some folk here knowledgeable enough of know what I was
> talking about - and there were.

Glad to read, that you find qualified people and answers. I started working
many years ago with the IBM PC under DOS, then under Windows 3.5,Windows 2000,
XP and so on. I changed over, years ago, to Linux. I had a lot of reasons for
doing so. However, the answer to the question if Linux is much better then
Windows/Mac or not, remains a very subjective one.
I would say, we all cannot be knowledgeable enough. What Anne suggests, to
describe the problem in the best possible form, remains always true. You did
agree.
Edgar