[kde-linux] When you ask a question, comparing to Windows

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 6 08:05:20 UTC 2009

Quite often a newbie asks if KDE has something similar to what they use in
Windows.  There's one problem with that.  Many of us don't use Windows at all.
I have never seen Vista in action, so haven't a clue what it looks like.
That's not to say that we can't answer the question, but we do need more help.

If you are asking about an application equivalence, tell us a bit about what
the application does (unless it's a *very* well known one that has been around
for years.

If you are asking about a display feature, either describe it thoroughly, or
even better, go to imagebin.org or imageshack.us and paste a screenshot.

The better we understand your needs, the easier it is to answer.