[kde-linux] Am I Alone?

Paul Hartman paul.hartman+gentoo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:03:14 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 5:44 AM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 05 October 2009 00:42:05 Paul Hartman wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 7:18 AM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>
> wrote:

>> > Definitely not.
>>
>> Your message (the one I am replying to) is a MIME multipart message,
>> and the mailing list tagline is in a separate part from your message,
>> so your signature delimiter doesn't (and shouldn't?) affect it. If you
>> had sent a simple plain-text email it would probably not get quoted
>> like that. You can try it on this message, which should hopefully be
>> in plain text :)
>>
> Although there have been hiccups when a kdepim update has switched on html
> without my knowledge, I do normally send plain text messages.  In fact I think
> the message you refer to is plain text - at least I can't see anything that
> suggests that it isn't.  My gpg signature on messages means that they are
> always reported as MIME.multipart.

Hi,

By plain text I did not mean to imply the alternative was HTML, I just
meant traditional plain plain text, no MIME multipart, no
quoted-printable encoding. Just a header and text. :)

Your message (and those from some others on this list) has 3 MIME
parts: Body (quoted-printable encoded plain text), GPG signature,
Mailing List Footer. Here's a sample of the end of your message:

<snip>
Although there have been hiccups when a kdepim update has switched on html=
=20
without my knowledge, I do normally send plain text messages.  In fact I th=
ink=20
the message you refer to is plain text - at least I can't see anything that=
=20
suggests that it isn't.  My gpg signature on messages means that they are=20
always reported as MIME.multipart.

Anne
=2D-=20

--nextPart8657121.uMYNkijzzq