[kde-linux] Am I Alone?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 5 10:44:58 UTC 2009

On Monday 05 October 2009 00:42:05 Paul Hartman wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 7:18 AM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> >> <SNIP>

> >> I suspect that then the problem is that she is putting the "-- " after
> >> her signature rather than before it.
> >
> > Definitely not.
>
> Your message (the one I am replying to) is a MIME multipart message,
> and the mailing list tagline is in a separate part from your message,
> so your signature delimiter doesn't (and shouldn't?) affect it. If you
> had sent a simple plain-text email it would probably not get quoted
> like that. You can try it on this message, which should hopefully be
> in plain text :)

Although there have been hiccups when a kdepim update has switched on html
without my knowledge, I do normally send plain text messages.  In fact I think
the message you refer to is plain text - at least I can't see anything that
suggests that it isn't.  My gpg signature on messages means that they are
always reported as MIME.multipart.