[kde-linux] kresource migration tool

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Oct 3 09:39:26 UTC 2009

Hi Edgar,

On Wednesday, 2009-09-30, Dr. Edgar Alwers wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> On Wednesday 30 September 2009 08:09:14 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > The current output always includes the details about QMYSQL being
> > necessary, even if it is present. Unless the test case it marked as
> > "ERROR" it should be OK.
> >
> > Could you copy&paste or attach the full test log?
>
> Please find attached "Akonadi_Report"

Thanks.

> > Also check whether you are using a 5.x version of MySQL or an older one
> > (there seemed to be a problem if a 4.x version is installed).
>
> I am using mysqld version 5.1.30

Ah, good. Just wanted to be sure it is one of those which have been reported
to work.

> I hope you can see any usefull point on this report. mysqld is running. But
>  I am lost trying to understand the errors. I have the idea, error 4 is
>  telling my something maybe about permissions, Test 9 - D-Bus registration-
>  could be a "consequential damage " ?

The error is most certainly one of those reported as part of Test 4 and all
others are consequences.

Unfortunately I don't know what the reason for thoses MySQL errors could be.

You could try running mysqld manually using the same command line Akonadi
would create:

/usr/sbin/mysqld --defaults-file=/home/kde4/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf
	--datadir=/home/kde4/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/
	--socket=/home/kde4/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket

Maybe a permission or free disk space problem on $HOME/.local/share/akonadi or
subdirectories.
Maybe, since you are building from scratch, a missing or incompatible build
option in MySQL.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring