[kde-linux] Am I Alone?

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 1 08:31:04 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 01 October 2009 00:53:37 James Tyrer wrote:
>> Anne Wilson wrote:
>> <SNIP>
>>
>>> I've seen no such problem, so I can't comment.
>> Then go to:
>>
>> http://capitalone.com/
>>

> I did.  In konqueror.  It said that Capital One uses an invalid certificate and
> cannot be trusted.  It then asked if I wanted to continue.  I said 'yes' and
> it entered the site.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I have an account there.  I just
tried to pay my bill and my login failed.  So, I had to switch to
Firefox which worked.  I note that with Konqueror-3.5.10 that it worked
fine.

OTOH, with Konqueror-3.5.10, I was unable to pay American Express on
line due to a rendering error.  I was able to pay my bill there with
Konqueror-4.3.1 with no problems.

My point is that this varies from site to site and you would need to
collect a lot of date to draw any useful conclusions -- you should not
conclude that everything is fine because it works for you.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch