[kde-linux] Konsole: input to one session

borasah at gmail.com borasah at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 12:53:05 UTC 2009

On Thursday 19 November 2009 13:52, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > I would like to send an input to just one konsole session targeted by
> >  another application. As far as I see, there isnt any settings, arguments
> >  etc. we can give to konsole. I am using Konsole 1.6.6 / KDE 3.5.10
> > (Debian Lenny). Is it possible to do it? Can you give some information?
>
> I think if you run konsole with the --script option you'll get additional
> DCOP functions which allow you to send input into any konsole session of
> that konsole process.

Thanks for the quick answer. What I would like to do is send a command, start
qemu, from Vim to neighbouring konsole session so I can watch it if
necessary. I started konsole with the --script option, and on the surface it
is not different than an ordinary Konsole session. I guess I have to write an
application. I am really novice about KDE development. I have never done any
programming in KDE before. So considering this fact, can you give more
information please?

Thanks...

--
Bora Sahin