[kde-linux] 11.1 & KDE3 Konqueror Startup URL?

Frank K frankk at oregoncoast.com
Tue Nov 17 01:37:56 UTC 2009

Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Sunday, 2009-11-15, Frank K wrote:
>
>> Hello List,
>>
>>  This should be a simple one, but I can't find the handle!
>>
>>  I'm a subscriber, but I'm using an email account that isn't my own. My own
>>  account is available via webmail if that's necessary.
>>
>>  Konqueror starts up in openSuse rather than my home. I haven't found that
>>  config option in .kde or in the Konq Settings.
>>

> Settings -> Configure Konqueror -> General
>
> Top section of the page on the right hand side, a drop down menu with choices
> like Konqueror's internal start page, empty page, etc.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Thank you Kevin & Bruce,
Bruce, sorry about the HTML Post. No promises on the format, but this
time KDE is specified as text only in the address book.
I was expecting to post this reply under my registered address, but
messages were deleted from my ISP's server.
Kevin, I'm sure your instructions are right on, but I have to start from
one step further back. I can't find the "General" menu!
In my Konqueror Web profile, Settings start with Behavior. My home URL
is my blank page. If I press the house on the Konq toolbar I get the
home URL. My problem is to set the startup URL to be the home URL.
With my openSuse 11.1 I'm up to kernel 2.6.27.37-0.1. My desktop is KDE
3.5.10.
I can live without fixing this behavior, but it wrankles me each time it
happens.
Frank K