[kde-linux] Goodbye

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 22:04:34 UTC 2009

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
> [ Comments below, in line ]
>
> On Saturday 14 November 2009 at 10:11 am, Werner Joss penned
> about "[kde-linux] Goodbye"
>

>> Ok,
>> seems it's time for me to leave now (at least w.regard to kde4), anyone
>> interested in why, can find some thougths here:
>> http://www.hoernerfranzracing.de/php/wordpress/?p=124
>>

> Hi Werner,
>
> I certainly can empathize with your situation.  I too will be taking a
> sabbatical from KDE 4.x until it is able to meet my needs.  I'm
> switching over to Xfce and while still using several KDE
> applications.
>
> I read in your blog about an O/S needing 2GB.  I don't agree with that
> point in the least.
>
> Good luck and hope to see you back here!  ;)
>
> Cheers,

I'm sticking with KDE 3.5 at least until things are working in KDE 4.  I
do agree tho that even my machine is a bit slower than I would like.
KDE 4 needs a fast machine to work and respond the way KDE 3.5 does.

I currently have a AMD 2500+ CPU with 2Gbs of ram.  I have the extra ram
mostly because I run Gentoo and compile a lot plus I do some work with
images.  I like to take panoramic pictures.  As a general rule, I only
use about 250Mbs.  If I'm on youtube, that changes pretty quick.  The
browser uses a lot then.  Gimp and Hugin can use a lot to tho.

I'm hoping KDE 4 will get better real soon so we can all use it.  Maybe
it will get faster to but I doubt that.

Dale

:-)  :-)