[kde-linux] KDE3 Apps to KDE4?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Nov 11 17:17:10 UTC 2009

Allistar posted on Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:59:17 +1300 as excerpted:

> And an important one for some of us: proper multi-session support. I
> have a triple-head setup and from what I can tell I cannot use this in
> KDE4.3.

Triple-head should work (if your X supports it), but only as a combined
single-session, aka "xinerama mode", spread out over all heads.  From
what I read, kde4 is single-session only, with no one currently working
on changing that.  Apparently, the multi-session support in kde3 was
never deliberately intended either, it just happened to work.  But kde4
was enough of a rewrite that whatever allowed it to work in kde3 is long
gone, and it's not likely to return until someone with sufficient skills
gets sufficiently interested in making it happen... that it does happen.