[kde-linux] KDE 4.3 - configuring middle mouse button?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Nov 10 12:04:18 UTC 2009

On Tuesday, 2009-11-10, Pablo Sanchez wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I've set up a VM with openSUSE 11.2 RC3.  I have installed KDE 4.3.1
> "release 6"
>
> With KDE 3.x, I was able to configure my middle button's menu when I
> clicked on my desktop.
>
> I've hunted around my personal settings and I don't see how to do it.
>
> I had reported an enhancement to get this done a while ago and a KDE
> developer said they'd done it ... :) ...
>
> Can I buy a hint?  :)

Hint: the developer was probably referring to the fact that they've
implemented it but probably not implying that it has also been released.

AFAIK the call this "containment actions" (the desktop being a plasma
containment in their terminology IIRC) and this is on the feature list for 4.4

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring