[kde-linux] Another KDE 4.x print problem?

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 01:17:27 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 November 2009 10:02:02 Dale wrote:
>
>> It "claims" it has KDE 3.5 as well as KDE 4.
>>

> It did have, but do remember that KDE4 is likely to be 4.0 - and you will have
> problems.  I used 4.0 from its release, but that's because I wanted to help in
> bug-squashing and documentation.  It certainly isn't a user release.  What's
> more, as things have developed and lessons learned, anything you see in 4.0
> may not be the same in 4.3, much less 4.4, the next release.
>
> Anne

I think I installed KDE 4.1 when it came out, I think.  That would be on
my Gentoo rig that I am sitting at now.  I can say things have changed a
lot.  Mostly, a LOT of things are fixed and some features added as well.

If Mandriva gives me the chance, I won't even install KDE 4.  I'll just
install the old KDE and wait until things are nice and solid and full of
features.

Dale

:-)  :-)