[kde-linux] Another KDE 4.x print problem?

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 10:02:02 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 November 2009 00:13:49 Dale wrote:
>
>> Pablo Sanchez wrote:
>>
>>> [ Comments below, in line ]
>>>
>>> On Monday 02 November 2009 at 8:46 am, Dale penned
>>> about "Re: [kde-linux] Another KDE 4.x print problem?"

>>> Hi Dale,
>>>
>>> I'm using openSUSE 11.1 and I have the option of installing KDE 3.5 -
>>> which I did.  :)  I'm about to install openSUSE 11.2 on another
>>> machine and if you're interested, I can let you know whether the KDE
>>> 3.5 option is still available.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>> Okie dokie.  Let me know.  I'm still hoping to use Mandriva since I am a
>> little familiar with it.  It has been a while so I don't know how much
>> has changed since Mandrake 9.2.  ;-)
>>

> Try looking up PCLinuxOS.  I'm not sure, but I think I read that it is
> sticking with 3.5 a little longer, and it is a fork of Mandriva, so should
> feel familiar to you.
>
> Anne

I have already downloaded Mandriva 2008.  Hey, it may not be the most
secure thing but I bet it is more secure than windoze since he can't
install Service Pack 3.  Long story on that.  Anyway, after I got about
3/4 of that downloaded, I found a website that lists what is available
on the Mandriva 2009 DVD.  It "claims" it has KDE 3.5 as well as KDE 4.
I'm downloading it too.  I got a old rig that I'm going to test all this
on first.  Sort of a trial run.  I'll keep PCLinuxOS in mind tho.  I may
end up with Gentoo in the end but just not right now.  He needs a better
CPU cooler first.

This is funny in a way.  Before I got DSL, this download would have
taken weeks to do.  It's still taking about 15 hours but it's a LOT
faster than dial-up.  I figured it up one time, 26 times faster than
dial-up.  I wouldn't have even tried to download this DVD over dial-up.
Even a CD would take several days.

Dale

:-)  :-)