[kde-linux] Another KDE 4.x print problem?

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 11:21:15 UTC 2009

Werner Joss wrote:
> Am Mo, 2.11.2009, 11:14 schrieb Dale:
>
>> I want to install
>> Linux and not have to worry about something not working like it should.
>> That's why I want to stay with KDE 3.5 for the moment as well.
>>

> then give debian lenny a try (use the kde cd image) - it comes with a
> complete kde 3.5, almost any kde 3.5 based programs available via
> aptitude.
> works like a charme, here.
>
> werner

I'm already in the process of downloading Mandriva 2008.1 which has KDE
3.5.9 installed.  I plan to upgrade it to the last KDE 3.5.x when I get
it installed, if needed.  I have used Mandrake in the past so I am
already somewhat familiar with it.  I'm sort of trying to stick to
something I already know.  Learning Gentoo was enough fun to learn.  ;-)

Of course, I bet the upgrade process is a LOT easier with Debian lenny.
The upgrade process is why I left Mandrake years ago.  I went from
Mandrake 9.1 to 9.2 and it was a mess.

I'll keep that in mind tho.

Dale

:-)  :-)