[kde-linux] KDE lib query

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Mar 31 07:00:44 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 31 March 2009, sushil wrote:
> Hi,
>    Can anyone please tell me weather  KDE library libsolidcontrol is
> under LGPL or GPL license?
> Is it possible to use in a commercial closed source application?

It might be better to ask on kde-hardware-devel, the mailinglist where most of
Solid related development is discussed.

However, even if the licence is what you are looking for, the library actually
might not. It is in kdebase/workspace which usually indicates that it has
something to do with the desktop environment as such and not with the
application platform.

What kind of task do you want to accomplish?

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring