[kde-linux] KMix problems - settings won't stay set

Andy Crouch kde.amcrouch at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 25 14:48:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using KMix 2.6.1, KDE 3.5.10.
>
> I can't persuade the settings to endure.  I set them to what I want, go to
> another of the tabs, go back, and the things I have just set have reverted to
> what they were.  I have repeatedly set "capture", but if I go anywhere else
> it is back to zero.
>
> I have even resorted to Alsamixer and Alsamixergui, but they are worse because
> I have no idea how to move along the settings in the first or operate the
> second, and no amount of Googling helps.

I'm writing this from memory but I thought that with alsamixer you
could move between the various channels using the left and right arrow
keys and move the volume of the selected channel up and down with the
up and down arrow keys.

Once you have made your modifications then you need to exit alsamixer
(esc key) and run alsactl store from the shell.

> I have been trying to solve this for 2 days!  I need to get it working so that
> the mic on my headset works so that I can make calls on SipGate.  I am
> clearly doing something wrong - but what??
>
> TIA
> Lisi

Andy Crouch (TheGreatGonzo)
Arch Linux (Standard KDE Packages)