[kde-linux] KMix problems - settings won't stay set

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 11:26:22 UTC 2009

I am using KMix 2.6.1, KDE 3.5.10.

I can't persuade the settings to endure.  I set them to what I want, go to
another of the tabs, go back, and the things I have just set have reverted to
what they were.  I have repeatedly set "capture", but if I go anywhere else
it is back to zero.

I have even resorted to Alsamixer and Alsamixergui, but they are worse because
I have no idea how to move along the settings in the first or operate the
second, and no amount of Googling helps.

I have been trying to solve this for 2 days!  I need to get it working so that
the mic on my headset works so that I can make calls on SipGate.  I am
clearly doing something wrong - but what??

TIA
Lisi