[kde-linux] JRT vs. X11R7.4

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Tue Mar 17 09:47:01 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 17 March 2009 02:22:44 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Finally got around to upgrading to X11-7.4.  I had a few glitches to
> fix, but it is not up and running and I only need to upgrade a few of
> the X applications.
>
> However, my mouse wheel has stopped working.  I really hate it when that
> happens.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?  Perhaps I need another driver
> besides: "xf86-input-mouse"?

Make sure you have xf86-input-evdev loaded or installed as well. Though, I do
not believe any input device will work without that!

assuming you have a standard USB mouse plugged in,

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"       # IntelliMouse PS/2
    Option "Device"      "/dev/input/mice"
    Option "ZAxisMapping"   "4 5"
EndSection

This is all I have for my setup.