[kde-linux] Activity Task Manager Grouping And Switching

Andy Crouch kde.amcrouch at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 12 09:31:15 UTC 2009

Anne

Thanks for you reply.

I was aware of that link and have tried the Ctrl-Shift-N and
Ctrl-Shift-P short cuts but they do not seem to working for me.

Does this work for anyone else?  I.e. is it a plasma bug or a bug in
my packages?

IMHO allowing the task manager to only display items open in the
current Activity would be the icing on the cake for Activities.

Cheers

Andy

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 March 2009 11:51:39 Andy Crouch wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have been looking to make more use of Activities.  In doing so I
>> have a couple of questions :
>>
>> 1./ Can you switch Activity via a keyboard shortcut?  In absence of
>> this I have created an auto hiding panel with the Activity Tab Widget
>> which was a great tip I found in the KDE Forums.
>>
> Keyboard shortcuts for Plasma and Activities are listed at
> http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma#Are_there_any_keyboard_shortcuts_for_Plasma.3F
>
>> 2./ Can you have the Task Manager only display the windows open in
>> that Activity?  I have tried playing with the Task Manager settings
>> but can not see anything obvious.
>>
>> I have searched for the last couple of nights and can find nothing on
>> either of these questions if I have missed something obvious,
>> apologies.
>>
>> I am running Arch (standard KDE 4.2.1 packages) and am bang up to date.
>>
>> Any pointers gratefully received.
>>
> No answers to that - I'll try to find out.  If you find out, please report
> back here.  Thanks
>
> Anne
> --
> Just found a cool new feature?  Add it to UserBase

Andy Crouch (TheGreatGonzo)
Arch Linux (Standard KDE Packages)